Terms and Conditions
Normal costume hire period is overnight or for a weekend i.e. Friday through to Tuesday.
Extended hire rates vary dependent on the costume and subject to its availability and demand.
All hire prices are G.S.T inclusive and are subject to change at any time. EFTPOS and credit card facilities are available.
All costumes carry a refundable security deposit as per the general hire conditions (see below). The average security deposit is $50.00 per costume/item and can be paid for in cash, EFTPOS or by credit card.
The hire fee and security deposit must be paid for in full upon collection of costumes.
A minimum deposit of $10.00 is required for each costume booked and held for collection at a later date. This deposit is then deducted from the total hire price upon collection of the costume.
Cancellation or exchanging of booked costumes will incur a $10.00 cancellation fee, which will be deducted from the holding deposit.
Identification with your current address, such as your driver’s licence, will be required upon pick-up of costume/s.
General Hire Conditions
THE COSTUME COMPANY launders all costumes upon their return. Any stain damage caused to the costume, which requires special attention will have a cleaning charge applied.
Damages to costumes and accessories and/or loss of same must be paid for by the hirer. This cost can be more than the security deposit held by THE COSTUME COMPANY. The hirer shall be fully responsible for restoration or replacement of any damaged items. An invoice detailing the outstanding amount after deducting the security deposit will be sent to the address shown on the hire invoice. It is agreed by the hirer that this balance will be paid in full within 7 days of the invoice being sent.
The use of spray-on glitter on all accessories and costumes is strictly prohibited.
Costumes are due back on the due date and any costume brought back late will be subject to a late fee of $10.00 per day. If circumstances beyond your control transpire, please call us as soon as possible. Any costume not returned by the due date may be considered stolen and the matter will be passed on to the police for prosecution.
The hirer totally indemnifies the owners in respect to any loss or injury arising from any accident that may be caused by the items during the term of hire.
No refunds will be given on costumes once they have been collected for hire.
Refund Policy on Purchased Items
We understand that buying costumes and accessories online is convenient but when you get them home they may not fit or suit you. We believe in our costumes, and try to stock only quality items. Our staff are always happy to advise and help you select the best products to suit your requirements.
If you need more information about sizing please email email@example.com or phone on (07) 3359 7000 and we will be happy to help.
Please try on costumes before washing and without make up
in case the sizing may be wrong and you need to exchange the costume.
1. You may return new, unopened items within 14 days of delivery for a full refund, store credit, or exchange less postage where:
- Goods are faulty on arrival.
- You have received the incorrect item.
- Goods are significantly not as described.
- We are unable to supply the goods you have paid for.
In these cases please contact us on (07) 3359 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can rectify the problem. A refund will only be paid on receipt and inspection of the item returned being in good order.
2. We will provide a store credit or exchange if:
- The costume does not fit.
- The costume is not significantly as described.
Please Note: Refunds, Exchanges and Store Credits are for the cost of the goods only, and does not include postage charges.
3. We will not refund or exchange if:
- Returned item is not in original condition, and has been worn or shows signs of damage, make up stains, or wear and tear.
- Original packaging and tags must be included and in good order for a FULL refund.
4. The following items can only be returned if they are unopened, in their original packaging, never worn or tried on.
- Wigs, Beards and Moustaches.
- Stockings, Hosiery and Underwear.
- Eyelashes and Contact Lenses.
- Make Up and Teeth.
If you need a different size, please place the order through our website immediately.
This is necessary as the item may be out of stock by the time we receive your item back and will ensure the fastest delivery of your replacement item(s).
Exchanges are for the cost of the merchandise only and does not cover additional postage and handling. This must be done within 14 days of you receiving the item.
- Please email us at email@example.com with your request for authorisation and for a Return ID Number.
- You will receive an email confirmation with the ID number.
- The Return ID number must be clearly written on the outside of the package with your address to enable us to process quickly and efficiently.
- All items must be securely packaged for a safe return, any items eg. hats not boxed, will not be refunded or exchanged.
- We will not refund or exchange any item damaged on return due to poor packaging.
- Please print or clearly handwrite our address and your mailing address on the package.
- We recommend that you use registered or trackable return postage as we cannot accept responsibility for items lost in transit back to us.
- We will notify you via email of your refund, store credit or exchange once we've received and processed the returned item within 48 hours.
- Please note: Goods must be returned to us at The Costume Company within 14 days of receiving your order.
Our Returns Address:
The Costume Company
19 Kitchener Road,
Kedron Qld 4031
All parcels must have a Senders Full Name and Return Address.
All addresses must be clearly written as we can take no responsibility for lost returns.